Quran Chapter 28: 1 to 4 (Pt-20, Stg-5) (L-2415) درس قرآن
Pharaoh exalted himself in the land
Chapter “Qasas”- (The Story) – 28
‘A-‘uu-zu Billaahi minash-Shay-taanir- Rajiim.
(I seek refuge in Allaah from Satan the outcast)
(In the name of Allaah, the Beneficent, the Merciful)
طسٓمٓ 1 تِلْكَ ءَايَٰتُ ٱلْكِتَٰبِ ٱلْمُبِينِ 2 نَتْلُوا۟ عَلَيْكَ مِن نَّبَإِ مُوسَىٰ وَفِرْعَوْنَ بِٱلْحَقِّ لِقَوْمٍ يُؤْمِنُونَ 3 إِنَّ فِرْعَوْنَ عَلَا فِى ٱلْأَرْضِ وَجَعَلَ أَهْلَهَا شِيَعًا يَسْتَضْعِفُ طَآئِفَةً مِّنْهُمْ يُذَبِّحُ أَبْنَآءَهُمْ وَيَسْتَحْىِۦ نِسَآءَهُمْ إِنَّهُۥ كَانَ مِنَ ٱلْمُفْسِدِينَ 4
|1. Taa. Siin. Miim.
2. These are Revelations of a Book luminous.
3. We narrate unto thee (somewhat) of the story of Moses and Pharaoh with Truth, for folk who believe.
4. Lo! Pharaoh exalted himself in the earth and made its people castes. A tribe among them he oppressed, killing their sons and sparing their women. Lo! he was of those who work corruption.
2. Tilka ‘Aayaatul Kitaabil-mubiin.
3. Natluu ‘alayka min-naba-‘i Muusaa wa Fir-‘awna bil-Haqqi li-qawminy-yu’-minuun.
4. ‘Inna Fir’awna ‘alaa fil-‘arzi wa ja-‘ala ‘ahlahaa shiya ‘any- yastaz-‘ifu taaa-‘ifatam-minhum yuzabbihu ‘abnaaa-‘ahum wa yastahyii nisaaa-‘ahum. ‘Innahuu kaana minal- mufsidiin.
Entangled in enemies from all around, few people have been suffering from afflictions of various sorts and do not utter grief. Their hearts boil up that they should kill and die, but they are commanded that they should remain silent and bear troubles; but shake not even a finger. They have been carrying out the Order wholeheartedly and enduring soul tormenting calamities for complete thirteen years, not for one or two days, with amazing patience and constancy. What was that Power which had supported them strongly? That was nothing but only the Revelations mentioned in Holy Qur’an. You also should listen to them and meditate on their miraculous effects.
It is commanded: These are the Verses of that Holy Scripture, meanings of which are very clear. Now We recite to you from the News of Moses (peace be upon him) and Pharaoh for a people who believe, so that they must not be disheartened from the tyrannies of their enemies. Pharaoh had become very powerful in his Country. He divided the people of his Country in different factions and made one of those classes weak violently. He tyrannized over the people of that class very much, who were the Children of Israel. At last, the condition reached such point that he ordered to slaughter their new born sons and keep their females alive. He considered that there was none greater than him and he was able to do in accord with own wishes. Indeed he was a great corruptor.
Transliterated Holy Qur’aan in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazaar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif).