Quran Chapter 27: 57b to 59 (Pt-19, Stg-5) (L-2394) درس قرآن
Peace be upon the servants of Allaah
Chapter “Naml”- (The Ant) – 27
‘A-‘uu-zu Billaahi minash-Shay-taanir- Rajiim.
(I seek refuge in Allaah from Satan the outcast)
(In the name of Allaah, the Beneficent, the Merciful)
قَدَّرْنَٰهَا مِنَ ٱلْغَٰبِرِينَ 57b وَأَمْطَرْنَا عَلَيْهِم مَّطَرًا فَسَآءَ مَطَرُ ٱلْمُنذَرِينَ 58 قُلِ ٱلْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ وَسَلَٰمٌ عَلَىٰ عِبَادِهِ ٱلَّذِينَ ٱصْطَفَىٰٓ ءَآللَّهُ خَيْرٌ أَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ 59
|57b. We destined her to be of those who stayed behind.
58. And We rained a rain upon them. Dreadful was the rain of those who had been warned.
59. Say (O Muhammad): Praise be to Allah, and peace be on His slaves whom He hath chosen! Is Allah Best, or (all) that ye ascribe as partners (unto Him)?
|57b. Qaddar-Naahaa minal- gaabiriin.
58. Wa ‘amtarNaa ‘alayhim- mataraa. Fasaaa-‘a matarul- munzariin.
59. Qulil-Hamdu Lillaahi wa salaamun ‘alaa ‘ibaadiHillazii-nastafaa. ‘Aaallaahu khayrun ‘ammaa yushrikuun.
Qaddar-Naa – (We destined), it is in past tense from the word taqdiir, which has been derived from qadara. Taqdiir means “to determine the principles collectively and wholly, and decide according to common principles in particular form”.
It is commanded: Wife of Prophet Lot (peace be upon him) was punished according to following common principles:
- That person will be included in those; to whom one likes and with whom one has deep concern.
- As you sow so you shall reap. We judged according to it concerning her that she will stay in the company of those who remained behind after departure of Lot (peace be upon him) and his household. These all were such people who denied from obeying the advice of Lot (peace be upon him) and who had decided to continue committing their immoral habit while they were aware of their sin.
Their entire township was upset and Allaah Almighty rained upon them a rain of stones. They were warned and frightened clearly from His wrath. Their entire township had gone into the ground and foundation of a lake of water appeared there, which is now famous with the name of Dead Sea.
After describing the nature of the consequence of mischievous and wicked people, it is commanded: Praise be to Allaah; Who is the Omnipotent, and peace be upon His slaves whom He has chosen! Think after beholding the end of the disbelievers that: Is Allaah Best, or (all) that what the ignorant people associate with Him?
Transliterated Holy Qur’aan in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazaar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif).