Quran Chapter 26: 204 to 209 (Pt-19, Stg-5) (L-2358) درس قرآن
You can gain nothing from your enjoyments
Chapter “Shu-‘araaa’”- (The Poets) – 26
‘A-‘uu-zu Billaahi minash-Shay-taanir- Rajiim.
(I seek refuge in Allaah from Satan the outcast)
(In the name of Allaah, the Beneficent, the Merciful)
أَفَبِعَذَابِنَا يَسْتَعْجِلُونَ 204 أَفَرَءَيْتَ إِن مَّتَّعْنَٰهُمْ سِنِينَ 205 ثُمَّ جَآءَهُم مَّا كَانُوا۟ يُوعَدُونَ 206 مَآ أَغْنَىٰ عَنْهُم مَّا كَانُوا۟ يُمَتَّعُونَ 207 وَمَآ أَهْلَكْنَا مِن قَرْيَةٍ إِلَّا لَهَا مُنذِرُونَ 208 ذِكْرَىٰ وَمَا كُنَّا ظَٰلِمِينَ 209
|204. Would they (now) hasten on Our doom?
205. Hast thou then seen, if We content them for (long) years –
206. And then cometh to them that which they were promised –
207. What will they gain by that which they had been enjoying?
208. And We destroyed no township but it had its warners –
209. For reminder, and We never were Oppressors.
|204. ‘Afabi-‘azaabiNaa yasta’-jiluun.
205. ‘Afara-‘ayta ‘im-matta’-Naahum siniin.
206. Summa jaaa-‘ahum-maa kaanuu yuu-‘aduun.
207. Maaa ‘agnaa ‘anhum-maa kaanuu yumatta-‘uun.
208. Wa maaa ‘ahlakNaa min qaryatin ‘illaa lahaa munzi-ruun.
209. Zikraa wa maa kunnaa zaalimiin.
Worldly desires and denying the Truth are reciprocal. When desire of the world takes one’s heart then certainly denial of the Truth will produce effect in the heart naturally. Now this denial will leave the heart then; when the individual will begin to die and he will be suffering from a great and heavy calamity. At that time; he will say: Would that I had been reprieved for some time and I had followed the Truth.
It is commanded: Do they wish that the doom should come immediately? Say to them! Consider it a blessing which you have been reprieved here and make some arrangements for your future betterment, otherwise if the doom came in your present condition of carelessness, then you will feel that length of the time of many years; which you passed in pleasures and enjoyment; was only for a few hours. So you should value this period of respite and should not hasten.
After that, it is commanded: Before destroying any township, We send Warners into it who advise them. We do never oppress any human being, but cause to understand concerning good and bad, by sending Our Messengers (peace be upon them).
Transliterated Holy Qur’aan in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazaar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif).