Quran Chapter 26: 170 to 175 (Pt-19, Stg-5) (L-2351) درس قرآن
Rain of stones
Chapter “Shu-‘araaa’”- (The Poets) – 26
‘A-‘uu-zu Billaahi minash-Shay-taanir- Rajiim.
(I seek refuge in Allaah from Satan the outcast)
(In the name of Allaah, the Beneficent, the Merciful)
فَنَجَّيْنَٰهُ وَأَهْلَهُۥٓ أَجْمَعِينَ 170 إِلَّا عَجُوزًا فِى ٱلْغَٰبِرِينَ 171 ثُمَّ دَمَّرْنَا ٱلْءَاخَرِينَ 172 وَأَمْطَرْنَا عَلَيْهِم مَّطَرًا فَسَآءَ مَطَرُ ٱلْمُنذَرِينَ 173 إِنَّ فِى ذَٰلِكَ لَءَايَةً وَمَا كَانَ أَكْثَرُهُم مُّؤْمِنِينَ 174 وَإِنَّ رَبَّكَ لَهُوَ ٱلْعَزِيزُ ٱلرَّحِيمُ 175
|170. So We saved him and his household, every one –
171. Save an old woman among those who stayed behind.
172. Then afterward We destroyed the others.
173. And We rained on them a rain. So dreadful was the rain of those who had been warned.
174. Lo! herein is indeed a Portent. And yet most of them were not Believers.
175. And lo! thy Lord, He is indeed the Mighty, the Merciful.
|170. FanajjayNaahu wa ‘ahla-huuu ‘ajma-‘iin.
171. ‘Illaa ‘ajuuzan fil-gaabi-riin.
172. Summa dammarNal-‘aakha-riin.
173. Wa ‘amtarNaa ‘alayhim-mataraa. Fasaaa-‘a matarul-munzariin.
174. ‘Inna fii zaalika la-‘Aayah. Wa maa kaana ‘aksaru-hum- Mu’-miniin.
175. Wa ‘inna Rabbaka la-Huwal-‘Aziizur- Rahiim.
When Prophet Lot (peace be upon him) observed that his folk will never be mended because they have been involved in a very shameful and odious habit, and as long they themselves are not extirpated, they will not stop committing this immodest act (carnal copulation against nature), he (peace be upon him) addressed the Lord of the Glory in prayer: Purify the world from their unchaste bodies, save me; my household and my companions, and carry all of us at any sacred place. Supplication of Lot (peace be upon him) was accepted. The Angels (peace be upon them) of Wrath arrived, who said to Lot (peace be upon him): Bring your people to that place about which you have been informed.
So it is commanded: We saved Lot (peace be upon him) and entire those who belonged to him. But an old woman from them remained behind who was slain. Then We put all remaining people of his folk to death with a worse manner, their townships were exterminated and turned over, and rained upon them a rain of stones. In the beginning they were frightened from the torment but they did not believe. At last this rain of stones was proved the worst for them.
There is a great Portent of Allaah’s wrath and mercy in this incident. Even then most of the people do not believe. Bear in mind that your Lord is the most Powerful and the most Merciful.
Transliterated Holy Qur’aan in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazaar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif).