Quran Chapter 23: 57 to 61 (Pt-18, Stg-4) (L-2171) درس قرآن
The hearts – afraid of their Creator
Chapter “Mu’-minuun” – (The Believers) – 23
‘A-‘uu-zu Billaahi minash-Shay-taanir- Rajiim.
(I seek refuge in Allaah from Satan the outcast)
(In the name of Allaah, the Beneficent, the Merciful)
إِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ هُم مِّنْ خَشْيَةِ رَبِّهِم مُّشْفِقُونَ 57
وَٱلَّذِينَ هُم بِـَٔايَٰتِ رَبِّهِمْ يُؤْمِنُونَ 58
وَٱلَّذِينَ هُم بِرَبِّهِمْ لَا يُشْرِكُونَ 59 وَٱلَّذِينَ يُؤْتُونَ مَآ ءَاتَوا۟ وَّقُلُوبُهُمْ وَجِلَةٌ أَنَّهُمْ إِلَىٰ رَبِّهِمْرَٰجِعُونَ 60 أُو۟لَٰٓئِكَ يُسَٰرِعُونَ فِى ٱلْخَيْرَٰتِ وَهُمْ لَهَا سَٰبِقُونَ 61
|57. Lo! Those who go in awe for fear of their Lord –
58. And those who believe in the Revelations of their Lord –
59. And those who ascribe not partners unto their Lord –
60. And those who give that which they give with hearts afraid because they are about to return unto their Lord.
61. These race for the good things, and they shall win them in the race.
|57. ‘Innallaziina hum-min khashyati Rabbihim-mushfiquun.
58. Wallaziina hum- bi- ‘Aayaati Rabbihim yu’-minuun.
59. Wallaziina hum- bi- Rabbi-him laa yush-rikuun.
60. Wallaziina yu’-tuuna maaa ‘aataw-wa quluubuhum wajila-tun ‘annahum ‘ilaa Rabbihim raaji-‘uun.
61. ‘Ulaaa-‘ika yusaari-‘uuna fil-khayraati wa hum lahaa saabiquun.
mushfiquuna – (they are struck with fear), it is the Subject from the word ‘ishfaaq, origin of which is shafaq. Shafaqatun means “restlessness due to thought about someone else”. ‘Ishfaaq means “welfare of any other and fear of his displeasure”.
Wajila-tun – (Afraid), this word is feminine of wajilun, which is an adjective. This word has passed in Chapter Fifteen (Suratul-Hijr).
If those mischievous people, who sow dissension in the religion, are prosperous, then they should not consider that Allaah Almighty has given them this prosperity, wealth and property being pleased. But purpose of bestowing these things is to test them. There is no goodness in it itself. Those people who have been collecting benefits quickly, they are such people in whom following signs are found:
- They tremble due to fear of Allaah Almighty in all conditions.
- Their Belief becomes stronger after observing the portents of Allaah
- They do not ascribe any partner unto Allaah
- They pay the poor-due, give alms and charity, and sacrifice for the welfare of others. Even then they fear in hearts that they would have to be present in the Court of Allaah They think: Any of our good deed is nothing. If the mercy of Allaah Almighty is upon us then we shall tide over the difficulties.
Such people race for doing good works and they will succeed ultimately.
Transliterated Holy Qur’an in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazaar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif).