Lesson # 891 from the Noble Quran
Fabulists cause to hear the people by making different tales
Surah ‘A’-RAAF (The Heights) – Chapter – 7)
Stage – 2, Verse – 87 of 206, Section – 11 of 24 (Part – 8)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
Prophet Shu-aib (peace be upon Him) had delivered that Message to His nation, for which, He was appointed by Allah Almighty and tried His best to cause to know them. At last, even He frightened to the disbelievers: If you will not accept it, you will be involved in the wrath of Allah Almighty.
We should think: What is the purpose of describing these stories in the Holy Qur’an? Obviously, its purpose is not only an amusement to pass the time or a joke, as nowadays; fabulists or story-tellers cause to hear the people by making different stories, which are useless but to pass the spare time. The aim of the story-teller is to earn some financial benefits by selling the false stories. But it is never the aim of Holy Qur’an (Allah preserve us from it).
Its only and main object is: the human being should be saved from the detriments of the inundation of humankind’s natural desires and he should be caused to understand that: Your wellness is not possible if you will not train your wishes according to the specific rules. One way to obtain work from one’s natural desires has been fixed for the human being in the world. And this method has been determined by Him, Who has created it. He sent His Messengers (peace be upon Them) to cause to understand it, and when sense of the mankind reached a specific standard, then He revealed this Way in His last Scripture i.e. Holy Qur’an very clearly. And He appointed His last Messenger; Muhammad (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon Him) to convey this guidance in the entire world and teach the method: How to act upon it. And since the Holy Qur’an is the last Heavenly Scripture, therefore, it was compulsory that the summary of the teachings of ancient Messengers (peace be upon Them) were to be mentioned in It. And which advantage was reaped by different people during different times by obeying Them, and which punishment was given to those who disobeyed Their Commands, that was required to be described before the people of every era, so that, they may not be ruined due to involving in the whirlpool of their wishes like them who passed away before them. And they should try to escape from those errors which were committed by the early people. Now we should meditate into these points serially:
- First of all, there is a story of Adam (peace be upon Him). Purpose of Stay of the human being in the world has been illustrated well in it. The human beings have strength, power and desires into them, by means of which, they may destroy themselves, as well as these may be a source of their deliverance from God’s wrath. Satan is enemy of the mankind. He will cause to consider him always: Your powers are free from all kinds of restrictions and your desires are to be fulfilled completely in this world.
- Attack of the Devil stabbed apparently the nation of Noah (peace be upon Him). They forgot Allah Almighty and established upper and lower classes among the people.
- ‘Aad and then Thamud adopted to use their strength freely in tyrannizing and considered: Neither there is anyone more powerful than us, nor Allah Almighty exists and nor the Messenger (peace be upon Him) is something. They made the feeble people their slaves and took labor from them just as it is taken from the animals.
- The tribe of Lot (peace be upon Him) passed away in the flood of their wishes (sodomy), they disgraced and scorned the human race, and at last, arranged to remove themselves from the world’s page.
- The people of Madian made their wishes unbridled too. They wished to fill their own houses with those goods, which were necessary for human life. And they tried to keep other people deprived from those things.
Consequence of those entire nations was destruction and ruin. Holy Qur’an says: Be saved from such deeds, otherwise you will also be destroyed.
Transliterated Holy Qur’an in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazaar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif)