Lesson # 835 from the Noble Quran
Humankind is viceroy of Allah on the earth
Surah ‘A’-‘RAAF (The Heights) – Chapter – 7)
Stage – 2, Verses – 23, 24 & 25 of 206, Section – 2 of 24 (Part – 8)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
The history regarding creation of Adam (peace be upon Him) has been described at many places in Holy Qur’aan and a particular aspect has been emphasized everywhere in the terms of occasion. The human being should understand some real matters from this story. Those matters, which are compulsory to be known, following is an attempt to draw attention briefly toward them.
- Mankind is viceroy of Allah Almighty in this world. Therefore, entire things of earth are his obedient. Every individual should have this perception that any such sin is not committed by him, due to which, he would have to be ashamed before his Lord i.e. Allah Almighty.
- An enemy has been following him since birth, whose name is Satan, and he has undertaken responsibility to abash him by any means in front of Allah Almighty.
- The humankind has so much sense that he can recognize his profit and loss, and in addition, he has so much power and ability that he can do whatsoever he wishes. So, it was necessary to set him free for some time at any such place, where goodness and badness; both exist, so that he may be provided the opportunity to use his authority and wisdom. Recognizing the goodness with his sense and adopting it will be foundation of his rewards, whereas, if he will choose evil and badness, will be punished properly. The world is a place for examining these both powers of the mankind. The reward for adopting the goodness is Paradise but punishment against electing the evil is the Hell. Likeness of Holy Qur’aan and Sayings of the Last Messenger of Allah Almighty (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon Him) exists in original form for the help of sense to recognize the goodness and the badness. Pattern of living in the Gardens was shown to Adam along with His wife (peace be upon Them) by keeping Them in the Garden for some days in the beginning.
- Sense and Option are natural forces, held in the spirit of human being, which remained with Adam (peace be upon Him) in the Garden too, but it was not possible to be the evil in open form There (in the Garden), and these both powers could get chance to perform, when the badness too would be before Them. Therefore, the hidden badness was kept before Them in the form of a tree of the Garden. And they were told: Don’t go nigh this tree if you wish to live in the Garden. The mankind became ready to obey this Command, but the sense began to determine: Why this order has been delivered; to stay away from it? The Option (inner power) began to peevish: Why my freedom has been snatched? So, it became necessary that the human being should be given full liberty in such mutual atmosphere, where; goodness and badness are spread widely duly mixed, so that; the opportunity of choice may be provided to his sense and option without any resistance. And when the mankinds return to the Gardens after bringing both powers in use by adopting the goodness with their experience and giving up the evil, then they should live in the Gardens forever. Therefore, coming in the world became necessary. And which the Devil said to Adam and Eve (peace be upon Them) that: You cannot live always in the Garden without tasting the fruit of this tree; apparently; it is imposture, but actually it was to be so. Though, He knew it or otherwise. However, there was some loss of the human being in it that some people will use their sense and authority incorrectly and they will be deprived from the Gardens. Satan will bring them into the Hell along with Him by the Order of Allah Almighty. But due to him, which ranks of the Believers will move up, that is such blessing, against which, sacrifice of good people for nothing is worthless.
- It is understood from this story that goodness and evil will remain along with each other in the world. Therefore, both kinds of people have independence in the world to live as they desire. None has any right to try to destroy any other person. The name of this attempt is tumult, so it has been commanded that they should escape from it. We should understand properly from it that nobody can make decision for any other that; who is right and who is wrong? This decision will be finalized by Allah Almighty Himself on the Day of Resurrection. There is only need in the world that evil of anyone should not become calamity for others by spreading. It is rebellion and the duty of Government is to stop it.
Transliterated Holy Qur’an in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif)