Lesson # 809 from the Noble Quran
You should not follow other ways save the Straight Path
Surah ‘Al-‘An-‘aam (Cattle) – Chapter – 6)–Stage – 2
Verses –152b & 153 of 165, Section – 19 of 20 (Part – 8)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
|152b. and fulfill the covenant of Allah. This He commandeth you that haply ye may remember-
153. And (He commandeth you, saying): This is My Straight Path, so follow it. And follow not other ways, lest ye be parted from His Way. This hath He ordained for you, that ye may ward off (evil).
|152b. Wa bi-‘ahDIllaahi ‘aw-fuu. Zaalikum wassaakum- bihii la- ‘allakum tazakkaruun.
153. Wa ‘anna haazaa SiraaTii Musta-qiiman- fattabi-‘uuh. Wa laa tattabi-‘us-subula fatafarraqa bikum ‘an- sabiiliH. Zaalikum wassaakum- bihii la-‘allakum tattaquun.
Those commands, which have been described, in that connection, some more orders have been mentioned in this verse. It is commanded that believing in Allah Almighty is, as though, fulfilling the covenant that we shall obey Your (God’s) entire commands without any dispute. It cannot be so, that one believes in Allah Almighty, even then, disobeys Him. Actually that person has not believed in Allah Almighty, who disobeyed Him. That individual took responsibility to obey, who believed. So you should fulfill this covenant.
These commands are being caused to hear you so that you may remember your covenant and may not slip after accepting. One more object to recite this command is that the Straight Path of Allah Almighty may be obvious upon you. Therefore, you should listen to those, which verses are being recited before you; it is the prescribed Straight Path of Allah Almighty. It was taught you in Surah ‘Al-Faatihah (Chapter – 1) that you should pray from Allah Almighty: ‘Ihdinas-Siraatal-Mustaqiim. (Show us the Straight Path). Now that Straight Path has been manifested on you. So you should hold fast this Path. If you will go the way other than this, you will go astray.
It is learnt from this verse that the Muslims should be saved from their mutual dissensions because one Religion and one Path has been fixed for them and they have been guided to remain firm on It. If they differed, then it is clear that they all will go separate paths instead of adopting One Path. Support of union and badness of division comes out from this lesson.
In above three verses, principles of successful life have been explained for the mankind. When you will recite these blessed verses, you will have no doubt in it that “if the sense of humankind does not work in the light of these verses, then it can do nothing except that it goes in the darkness catching the finger of Satan.
It is the only way of deliverance of the human life from calamities that he should go Straight Path with complete belief. These are the entire rules of human culture, upon which, human perfection, mental, economic, collective and political development depends. The commands have been described in the verses along-with their aims itself, which are as under:
La- ‘allakum ta’-qiluun – (in order that you may use your sense and wisdom).
La- ‘allakum tazakkaruun – (that haply you may learn entire matters regarding your own goodness).
La-‘allakum tattaquun – (that you may be saved from all kinds of evil and wicked deeds)
Summary of it is appended below:
- Ascribe nothing as partner unto Allah Almighty. Practical result of it is that neither the mankind should flatter nor be afraid from any person, moreover he should have faith that neither anyone can give me anything, nor can snatch. I can respect everyone in the world considering that we all are equal, but my Greatest and Lord is none save Allah Almighty and nor there is any reason that I fear from anyone except Him, because without His Order, all are as helpless as I am.
- Do good to parents. Here it is commanded that you should do good with closest kinsfolk, but considering from it is not too much difficult that relationship of the human being does not end here, but it spreads in the entire world gradually. Therefore, every mankind deserves everyone’s good behavior step by step.
- Slay not your children in any case. The Arabs used to kill their children, but according to this verse, the hidden killing has also been forbidden, i.e. habituating the children to commit evil for the purpose of earning, because, cause of both reasons is fear of poverty. After preventing from it, Allah Almighty commands: Don’t worry; We give livelihood. It is the verification of the wise people that the society; that is to say; the assembly of the humankind is viceroy of Allah Almighty in the world. So it is the duty of human being that he should do all those works, for which Allah Almighty has taken responsibility.
- Draw not nigh to lewd things. It means that all those immortal deeds, which induce unreasonable desires, have been forbidden.
- Don’t kill any person until the law does not order.
- Don’t embezzle the wealth of orphans, but you should protect it, till they reach maturity. There is a command in it about the safety of life and wealth of all weak and old people, and the society i.e. viceroys of the Creator should perform this duty.
- Do justice among mutual affairs; give full measure and full weight.
- Establish the Religion mutually all together because you have made covenant with Allah Almighty.
- It is the demand of the Religion that Muslims should never be disunited.
Transliterated Holy Qur’an in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif)