LESSON # 13 HOLY QUR’AAN
INTRODUCTION OF BAQARAH – 2
PART – I
The first Surah ‘Faatihah’ (The Opening) was revealed in Makkah whereas this, the second Surah ‘Baqarah’ (The Cow) revealed in Al-Madinah. This Surah is the longest Surah in Holy Qur’aan. It has 286 verses in 40 sections. Because there is an event of ‘The Cow’ in it so it is named, Baqarah. Matters relating to religious as well as deeds have been taught in it. It is said that Hadrat Umar (Radi ALLAHo Anho) spent many years to understand this Surah. It is not meant to learn by heart, but to learn and understand the orders and instructions mentioned in it. Abstract of its subjects is stated as under:
- Holy Qur’aan is guidance for those people who have fear of ALLAH and matter of abstinence is in their hearts.
- After listening The Holy Qur’aan, three kinds of people will grow as it has been happening in the world at each time of beginning a new series of movements. At first, the believers, who will have full faith in it. Secondly, the infidels who will oppose it and thirdly, the hypocrites, who will show themselves as believers but actually their hearts will refuse it.-
- After all the above, people have been ordered to do worship of only ALLAH and the Truth of Holy Qur’aan has been proven.
- In the fourth section, Birth of The Prophet Hadrat Adam (Compliments upon Him) has been mentioned including His entitlement of being Caliph on the earth. Then, from fifth section to onward recitation of a big dynasty’s life ‘Israelite’ begins. Hundreds Prophets and Messengers (compliments upon Them) born in this dynasty. ALLAH ALMIGHTY narrated the condition of this dynasty in a lesson taken method and also told about their false movements and badness due to which these people could not be able to remain Viceroy of The CREATOR on earth.
- From section 5 to 15, many events of Israelite have been stated for example, their promises and agreements, splendor of ALLAH on the Mount Sinai, event of the Day of Saturday, event of The Cow, circumstances of the murder of Prophets (compliments upon Them), impure attempts of enchantment/charm and magic, unfair conduct of disgracing the Prophets (compliments upon Them), wrong faith in rewards and independence on the Day of Judgment.
- From section-16 to onwards, including more events of Israelite, birth of The Last Prophet Hadrat Muhammad (Peace Be upon Him) in Arab within the generation of Hadrat Adam (Compliments upon Him) has been mentioned. And there is also recitation on The Temple of Makkah (Masjid e Haraam).The degrees of the Martyrs in the ways of ALLAH are mentioned here.
- In section-20 matters of The Forbidden and lawful, and The Marks of the power of The GOD have been discussed.
Collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islah wa Tableegh Lahore, Sayings of The Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) written by Justice Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani, Darul Ishaat Urdu Bazar Karachi, Collected & translated By Muhammad Sharif Fauji